I did it!!! I made a ruffle!

So, I realize that this doesn't sound like the wondrous feat I consider it to be, but it was for me. I have spent hours upon hours trying to get my ruffler to work, and I've had very little success. Today, however, I made a ruffle BY HAND. I realize, once again, that this seems like a no-brainer to some of you, but I didn't know how to do it. No one even showed me; I just decided to try with a scrap and see what happened, and you know what happened?  ]

my ruffle happened! with the stripes, it's sort of hard to tell :(

 Just yesterday, I had resigned myself to the fact that if I wanted to make ruffles, I will just have to buy ruffled trim. I made these pants for Abby to practice (and complete an outfit).
see the ruffle? it actually looks pretty good on there, mainly because the pants are already white.

Here is the whole outfit. I had already made her the top and bloomer-shorts, and now she has pants to make it more of a year-round outfit. The white ruffle looks good on these, but not as good with more colorful outfits.
So, after I had my ruffle-epiphany, I made a ruffle to match the latest pants I've been working on for my shop.
I was so proud I'm sure it was sinful.


and the ruffle :)


So here are the pants.
I made the pants to match this dress. I decided I needed to make my items more season-versatile, and I did this by adding pants to make this a complete outfit.

I also made a new dress this week and pants to match it. This dress is reversible and super-cute. All of these new items are listed in my etsy shop, and you can find them by clicking on the links in this post.

See? Same dress, just flipped around. You untie the straps, flip it around, and it's a different dress! I know it looks longer as a yellow dress, but that's just how it's on the hanger.

Comments

Popular Posts