I did it!!


Well, Saturday, I took the girls shopping and returned with supplies. I am going to try my hand at dress-making!





Abby chose the pink for her dress.



 And I chose these greens and yellows for Zoe's dress.









This was my inspiration for Zoe's dress. My mom made this for my older sister. It is a one-piece, reversible dress, and super-cute!


   


 So here is Zoe's dress!
I am very pleased with how out it turned out.














There are few imperfections (naturally), but it is definitely wearable, and it was great practice. She wore it to church on Sunday, green flower-side out. It only took me a few hours from beginning to end.
 
  The pink dress (below) on the left is the one that I made for Abby, also Saturday night. It took me a little longer than I anticipated because I kept making silly mistakes (like sewing the bottom of the dress together, for example :), but it eventually turned out super-cute, as well. Abby really liked it, and she wore hers to church too. The dress on the right is the first one I have made to sell on etsy.com. I don't have an account, yet, but that is next on my to-do list. I really learned a lot making the first two, and the third one was so much easier (and so much better done).  So yesterday, I went back to the store...



                    for more supplies!






Comments

Popular Posts