Valentine's Day

We have had lots of fun opening Valentine's goodies around here this week. Grady picked up Mexican food for lunch and brought it by for me one day. He also brought me some gorgeous tulips to enjoy and then plant in the yard (I prefer an addition to my flower bed over cut flowers). Then he took me to Red Lobster (our favorite) on Saturday, and then yesterday, he came in with fudge.

We made whoopie pies and gave one to each of Zoe's teachers/therapists. The girls have also received several Valentines this week. Grandpa and Grandma sent cards (with stickers and $10 each!). Auntie Heather gave them each a card, and I made them each a card from Grady and Me. Zoe also got a book and a hairbow from us, and Abby got The Lady and The Tramp. She has really enjoyed watching it...over and over :)  It was always one of my favorites, and it's out of "the vault" right now, so now is the time to buy it. We joined the Disney Movie Club a few months ago and are really enjoying it.

Today, after watching it, Abby asked me where all the little puppies came from (at the end). I told her that they came out of the mommy's tummy, and then she asked me how that happened...I did not know what to say.  Remember, she just turned four...so I sort of choked. I told her, "I don't know."  So...not really true (obviously, as I have two kids). I also told her to ask her daddy when he gets home. He always seems to know what to say to her questions. It's probably because whenever this happens, I call and warn him to have an answer before he comes in the door. He had a good answer, though. He said he was going to tell her, "when two dogs like each other a lot..." and I stopped him and said, "what?!"  But he began again and said, "When two dogs like each other a lot, they get married. That is how they have puppies...the same way people have babies: they get married."  GENIOUS!  Well, surely I could have come up with that, right?

**We are also having a Valentine's Day sale in my etsy shop. The blankets and bracelets are marked down...have a look!

Here are some cute pictures of  our week:

whoopie pies

my pretty tulips

opening the card from Grandpa and Grandma...you can tell which ones were taken with my phone :(



she loved her fishy card from Grandpa and Grandma



opening her card and gift from us

yummy!



"reading" her Valentine from Auntie Heather. She did this for an hour :)





Comments

Popular Posts